From Taylor Libby:
Good morning School of Pharmacy employees,
It is time to renew your parking for the 2016-2017 year and this year. Please review the attached parking policy for information on the parking spots available to Pharmacy employees as well as the process by which parking is assigned. All permanent employees with a primary appointment in Pharmacy need to submit the attached parking application. Employees who request parking will be ranked based on formula in the attached policy. If an employee’s top ranked lot is not available when their preference comes, he/she will be given a spot in their second ranked lot (or third ranked if their second lot is also full). Please be thoughtful when ranking your requests – based on the limited spaces available in the W lot and MD Deck, most of those spaces will be given to associate deans or employees with significant state service. If you do not wish to purchase a parking permit, please still complete the form so we know to remove your name from the allocation pool.
Please keep in mind:
- All parking fees will be payroll deducted
- Parking rates have not increased from last year
- Permit prices vary based on the type of lot (gated/non-gated) and based on an employee’s salary
- You may decide to purchase a permit anytime throughout the year; however, by requesting a permit outside of the annual allocation, per the policy, you will be given a space in an available lot, not your preference
- Based on who participates in the process and their rank/years of service, it is possible that you may not get a space in the same lot from year to year
It is important that all Pharmacy employees complete an application, even if you do not wish to purchase a parking permit. The form contains an option that you do not wish to purchase a permit. We need to ensure everyone who wants to participate has their name in the allocation list.
Please return this form no later than Wednesday, May 11, 2016 via email to email@example.com or drop it off in Beard 017.
Please note that effective January 1, 2016, the School of Pharmacy Human Resources Office has taken over responsibility for parking for the School so please contact our office if you have questions.