American Association Pharmaceutical Scientists UNC Student Chapter
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill student chapter of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) was founded in August 2005 with the goal of bringing together students and faculty from different divisions within the school, as well as across UNC. Interactions between students from diverse disciplines related to the pharmaceutical sciences will facilitate the sharing of ideas and perspectives, which is an essential component of a successful career in the pharmaceutical industry. Interactions through the various activities not only help to foster valuable collaborations, but also often spawn lifelong friendships.
Goals and Objectives
- To encourage student participation in the activities of AAPS at the local, regional, and national levels
- To increase AAPS memberships among University of North Carolina students
- To conduct local seminars to promote development of leadership qualities among graduate students in the pharmaceutical sciences and to increase student awareness of career opportunities in the pharmaceutical sciences
- To provide educational opportunities for undergraduate pharmacy and non-pharmacy students interested in careers in the pharmaceutical sciences
- To keep students current on the latest developments in pharmaceutical research by conducting seminars with experts in academia and the pharmaceutical industry
- To provide networking opportunities with the pharmacy community at the university by conducting recreational and competitive activities
- To participate in outreach activities that further the goals and objectives of AAPS
- To encourage the scientific exchange of ideas and information among students in the pharmaceutical sciences
You can join AAPS online. The student dues are $40 annually. For first-time members, complimentary memberships are available from Catalent Pharma Solutions and the AAPS Advances Biotechnology program.