Graduate Student Organization
The purpose of the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) is to promote the varied interests of the graduate students of UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. The GSO acts as a liaison between students and faculty to help improve the quality of education and overall experience of students in the School. In addition, the GSO also provides opportunities for students to engage in social and community service events throughout the year. These events may include holiday events, happy hours, fundraisers for charity, and more.
Membership in the Graduate Student Organization is extended to all graduate students in the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy including students whose primary affiliation is outside the School (e.g., public health, pharmacology, toxicology, etc.) but whose major adviser is a faculty member of the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy.
The GSO’s objectives include:
- Improving and sustaining the quality and reputation of graduate education at the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy;
- Facilitating rapport among graduate students in the various divisions of the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy;
- Encouraging interaction between graduate and professional students;
- Facilitating communication between graduate students, faculty, and administration of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill;
- Discouraging, revealing and eliminating discrimination against graduate students based on sex, race, religion, national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation;
- Encouraging participation in University, state, and national graduate student and scientific organizations;
- Promoting professional development of each student. The organization also plans social and community service events to promote interaction among students, faculty and other members of the community. These activities allow graduate students to relax, foster relationships with peers and broaden their interactions beyond what is provided in an academic environment.
GSO Officers and Contact Information
For current graduate students: please feel free to contact your division representative or a member of the GSO executive board if you have any questions or concerns that should be brought to the attention of the GSO. Thank you!
GSO Executive Board
President: Henry Dieckhaus
Vice President: Avery Huber
Treasurer: Raymond Flax
Secretary: Ena Vujic
Communications Chair: Jessica Lipori
Outreach Chair: Jacob Capener
GSO Division Representatives
CBMC: Raymond Flax
DPMP: Nicole Rose Lukesh
DPET: Ian Dilley
Assistant Director, Office of Curricular and Student Affairs