Taking Action by Service (TABS)
TABS is an organization dedicated to promoting the profession of pharmacy through service to our community and school.
Join us if…
If you are interested in engaging with members of the surrounding community through fun and meaningful service projects and collaborating with fellow students outside of the classroom to positively impact the lives of others.
TABS: Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I join TABS?
You can join TABS by attending our general body meetings and by paying the $20 annual dues
- What are my responsibilities as a member?
Members are expected to attend 2 general body meetings per semester in addition to participating in at least 2 outside service projects organized by TABS per semester
- How much of a time commitment is TABS?
TABS is a low time commitment – general body meetings are 1 hour per month and our service projects are typically 2-3 hours (or less) throughout the course of each semester
- What happens at TABS meetings?
During meetings, we do service projects that are easy, fun, and can be done right here in the pharmacy school. At the beginning of the meeting we will take time for announcements and any business items. The rest of the meeting is designated to the service project
- What would I benefit from being a part of TABS?
TABS is a wonderful club to join if you care about helping out those in need in your community. You also get to meeting other like-minded classmates while completing fun service projects in a relaxed environment. TABS is a great way to take a break from school and reduce stress
In-meeting service project examples include:
- Crafting blankets for Children’s Hospital patients through Project Linus
- Making non-skid socks, cards, and bookmarks for hospital patients
- Creating themed holiday baskets for home-bound geriatric patients
- Assembling shoe kits for Sole Hope organization
Online service project examples include:
- Writing thank you cards for healthcare workers
- Creating faculty appreciation gifts (i.e., virtual cookbook)
Francheska Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Claire Stevens (email@example.com)
Annalise Massey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Oliva Carlino (email@example.com)
Special Projects Coordinator
Alisha Desai (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Blood Drive Coordinator
Claire Buser (email@example.com)
Justin Villanueva (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fiona Gable (email@example.com)
Dr. Amber Frick
Like us on Facebook