We have made some recent updates to the funding tiers and the proposal submission process for tier 4 proposals. In addition, we would like to share some important dates regarding the 2018 Pitch Day and 2018 Institute Symposium.
- Tier 3 Proposals: Tier 3 proposals will now be awarded up to $500,000 with an anticipated project duration no longer than 2 years. The amount was higher in past years and duration up to 3 years; however, based on experiences over the past few years, we have reduced the tier funding and the duration of these projects. The website reflects this change: https://unceii.org/ideas/funding/
- Tier 4 Proposals: All Tier 4 proposals (up to $2 million), which are considered programmatic proposals, now require a brief pre-proposal be submitted to the Eshelman Institute for Innovation. This allows the Institute and the innovators to do some necessary due diligence and discuss any programmatic proposals before submission of a full proposal . We have created a very brief preproposal form (see link below) and we now ask that, if you are considering a large programmatic proposal, you complete the brief preproposal by December 1, 2017. The preproposal will be reviewed and then discussed with the innovators before a full proposal is written. If pre-proposals are felt to warrant further consideration, the full proposal submission deadline is the same for the other Tiers, which is March 1, 2018. The Tier 4 Pre-Proposal Submission Form can be accessed and submitted on our website at https://unceii.org/ideas/resources/tier-4-pre-proposal-submission-form/. The EII team will be in touch once the pre-proposal is received.
- Proposal Deadline: The next deadline for faculty and staff to submit a proposal to the Eshelman Institute for Innovation is March 1, 2018 by 11:59 p.m.
- Pitch Day: Pitch Day for select Tier 2, 3, and 4 proposals will be held on April 18-19th, 2018. Depending on the number of proposals, it is possible we will need to use time on each of these days. Please mark your calendar.
- Institute Symposium: The 2018 symposium is confirmed for Thursday, April 19th, 2018. Our keynote speaker will be Joe DeSimone, Ph.D. Please mark your calendars. A Save-the-Date will be forthcoming. The Symposium will be a late afternoon-evening event (4 pm to 9 pm). More details forthcoming soon.
If you have any questions, contact Mary Roth McClurg, Pharm.D., M.H.S., associate professor and associate director for academic innovation at email@example.com.