Hello School of Pharmacy employees,
It is time to renew your parking for the 2019-2020 year. Please review the parking policy for information on the parking spots available to Pharmacy employees as well as the process by which parking is assigned. All permanent employees with a primary appointment in Pharmacy need to submit a request via the following link:
Employees who request parking will be ranked based on the formula in the attached policy. If an employee’s top ranked lot is not available when their preference comes, he/she will be given a spot in their second ranked lot (or third ranked if their second lot is also full). Please be thoughtful when ranking your requests – based on the limited spaces available in the W lot and MD Decks, most of those spaces will be given to Associate Deans or employees with significant state service. If you do not wish to purchase a parking permit, please select no, using the same link:
Please keep in mind:
- All parking fees will be payroll deducted
- Parking rates will increase slightly for 2019–2020 permits: https://move.unc.edu/about/pricing/
- Permit prices vary based on the type of lot (gated/non-gated) and based on an employee’s salary
- You may decide to purchase a permit anytime throughout the year; however, by requesting a permit outside of this annual allocation, per the policy, you will be given a space in any available lot, not your preference
- Weeknight parking rates begin August 2019: https://move.unc.edu/parking/weeknight-parking/
- Based on who participates in the process and their rank/years of service, it is possible that you may not get a space in the same lot from year to year
It is important that all Pharmacy employees complete a parking application, even if you do not wish to purchase a parking permit. We need to ensure everyone who wants to participate has their name in the allocation list.
Please complete the online form no later than Friday, May 26, 2019.
Director of Human Resources
Commuter Alternative Program (CAP)
If you are not requesting a parking space, you can participate in the Commuter Alternative Program. For more information on this program, please visit: