Contact the Business Operations team for assistance with finance and accounting. For online information, please visit:
UNC Finance and Accounting Division
Please find the steps for processing the required paperwork, and the forms needed for the following topics. The required forms are available through the links provided.
All business travel must support the mission of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, receive the appropriate approvals, and be carefully planned to ensure that expenditures are necessary and prudent, and that costs are held to a minimum. A University employee traveling on official business is expected to exercise the same care in incurring expenses that a prudent person would exercise if traveling on personal business and expending personal funds.
Concur is a new software program for pre-travel approval, travel booking and travel and business entertainment expense reimbursements. Purchases made on the new University Travel & Expense (T&E) Card will be reconciled in Concur Expense.
Travel and Expense (T&E) Card
The T&E Card is the preferred method of payment for employees to use when traveling on official University business and for business-related entertainment expenses.
Community Protective Equipment (CPE)
- Community Protective Equipment (CPE) Order Form
- Pharmacy CPE Summer/Fall Schedule
- Pharmacy CPE Spring 2022 Schedule
- Procurement 101
- Required Procurement Documents
- Purchasing Method Decision Tree
- Pcard workflow
- Purchasing card program handbook
- Vendor Management
Order Forms and Required Documents
- Order-Requisition form
- Invoice submittal form
- Pcard receipt submittal form
- Business entertainment submittal form
Vendor Setup Forms
An individual who is engaged by the University to provide service could be considered an employee or an independent contractor. The independent contractor is subject to the direction or control of the University only as to the end result, not as to the methods and means used to accomplish that result. The determination that an individual is an independent contractor is to be made prior to the individual’s performance of service. Originating departments are to seek confirmation of independent contractor status from Accounts Payable prior to making any employment commitment or preparing any payment vouchers.
- Approval of Pre-Determination form is required prior to payment
- Background Check can be required
- Single-member LLCs are treated as ICs
- Services agreement and waiver of competition required if total payment exceeds $10,000
- Speakers and Community Collaborators may benefit from abbreviated documentation
Please see the full policies below for requirements regarding the hiring of Independent Contractors. Feel free to contact us with any questions using the Suppliers & Independent Contractors request in ServiceNow. Please include a completed IC Questionnaire (first form shown below) when sending questions in an effort to streamline the request.
- 708 – Independent Contractor Policy
- 708.1 – Procedure for IC Predetermination Process
- 708.2 – Procedure for Paying an IC