OPEN ENROLLMENT IS HERE!
Would you like to see up to 90 extra dollars in your paycheck?
You must complete the wellness assessment, designate a PCP, and complete the non-smoking attestation. Even if you completed this last year, you need to complete all three items again to get the discounts.
If you wish to make changes to your benefits, you must take action!
Annual enrollment is the time of year when you can change or update your benefits for the next calendar year. If you want to make changes to your benefits, including the State Health Plan, NCFlex benefits and University benefit plans, you can do so now through Nov. 18. Benefits plan changes become effective Jan. 1, 2016. Payroll deduc- tions for the medical plan will change in December, and all other deductions will change in January.
KNOW HOW TO ENROLL:
• You will need your UNC Onyen and password. If you need assistance with finding your Onyen or setting a password, call 962-HELP or go to onyen.unc.edu.
• Choose your health plan and all NCFlex benefits through single sign-on with your UNC Onyen and password at https://connectcarolina.unc.edu (UNC-administered plans such as MetLife Group Term Life and Reliance Standard AD&D still require paper enrollment forms located at http://hr.unc.edu/benefits/2016-annual-enrollment/).
• Detailed instructions and screenshots showing how to access the wellness credit in- formation are available at http://hr.unc.edu/benefits/2016-annual-enrollment/.
• The SHP’s health assessment wellness initiative is available within the eEnroll system and will require you to log in at https://www.myactivehealth.com/Portal/PortalLogin.aspx?SupplierURL=8002 to complete.
• The smoking attestation is not a part of the health assessment and requires certification through the eEnroll system.
Star Heel Awards
You may be a winner! HR Staff may surprise you over the next few of weeks. Each recipient will be announced in our newsletter.
Winners of Star Heel Awards receive a certificate from TIAA-CREFF and a $30 visa gift card
And our first Recipient is…
Becky’s nominator described her as one who “constantly goes beyond the call of duty to do whatever is needed and continuously looks for ways to help things go smoothly. When we have meetings that require catering, she arrives very early and stays late until everything is put away. Even though she is not required to respond to emails during the weekend, she frequently does.
Visitors to the School often compliment Becky and her attention to detail. She makes everyone feel welcome. “
Becky has been an asset to the School for many years and will be retiring at the end of this month. Her presence will tremendously missed throughout the School as well at the campus!
Welcome New Employees
We would like to extend a warm welcome to seven new staff members who joined the School recently.
Beth Burrus, Application Reader in Student Services
Colleen Cera, Executive Assistant to Dean Blouin
Richard Feng, Laboratory Assistant in Chemical Biology and Medicinal Chemistry
Erin Hammer, Grants Manager in Research Administration
Carla Mayorga, Grants Manager in Research Administration
Letitia Nowack, Accounting Tech in the Business Office
Nan Liang, Research Assistant in Molecular Pharmaceutics
Your IT Team
Dave Maldonado, Director
Deric Freeman, System Administrator
Dave Dombek, Help Desk Manager/Lead Technician Porschia Holmes, Support Technician
Bill Vogt, Support Technician
Upcoming Lunch & Learn
Bring your lunch and join us for the next Lunch
& Learn session on Thursday, October 29th at
Noon in 116 Beard Hall. The topic is E-mail Management and will be led by Dave Maldonado.
If you would like to attend this session, please email email@example.com
EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION DAY IS TODAY!
Friday, October 16th
Employee Appreciation Day is a work-time event with advance approval from your supervisor. In case of rain, outdoor events will be moved to the Underground Lounge in the Student Union.
- Lunch from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- UNC Department Fair in the Great Hall of the Student Union
- Live musical performances in the Pit. Begins at noon and ends at 2 p.m.
- Walk-in Flu Shot Clinic in Student Union room 2518
- 25 percent discount at Student Stores (includes Bulls Head books, school supplies, clothing medical apparel and gifts; excludes textbooks, electronics and RAM Shop)